Monday, January 28, 2013

Dream Log

Thursday
I was having dinner at my former home with clients I've never met. I was flipping through a book about burgers when I suddenly realized that one of the clients had given the book to my boss. Unimpressed, my boss had discarded it. "It's a great book," I lamely enthused, then excused myself to visit the washroom. When I flushed the toilet, it overflowed into my sister's room (disjointed shift to our childhood home). I tried to rescue clothes and toys from the sopping shag carpet.

Friday
My mom was missing. Her bank activity suggested she was in Connecticut.

Saturday
I was vacationing with my mom and a South American fellow in the filthiest rental I've ever seen. The walls were striped with thin strands of mold. Due to a poorly-healing wound (real), my mom couldn't get off the bed (probable). The contents of her luggage were strewn around her bed (likely). The South American offered to help her as I reached up to touch the strands of mold. South American Guy suddenly appeared at my side, holding a tiny dog dyed bright green. The dog's name was Greedy (cool dog name I will remember for future reference).

Sunday
I was at the old Momentum office on Delmar. My Aunt Kathy (deceased) had left a baby boy in my care (not a true story). Actually, she abandoned him. I went to the third floor to look for a diaper, but no one would help me. The whole floor had this industrial vibe, with bicycles hanging from the ceiling. A couple of girls were playing basketball. They totally ignored me. Anne Corn was there as a temp (high school friend with a penchant for burning crosses in her arm). I went to the bathroom and tried to wash off the baby in a sink, but he pooped. It was thick and sticky and clogged the drain, so I moved to the next one. He pooped again. Next sink! Ladies filtered in and out, completely ignoring me. I desperately scraped the poop off the poor little guy's body and wrapped him in a discarded bath towel. He smiled. I woke up in a panic, only to realize that I'd slept through my alarm clock for AN HOUR. Consequently, my girls were late for school. And I was late for work.

No comments: